2023 Summer Institute
Strengthen your Association with CTA/NEA Member Benefits Engagement
There are many ways to build strong associations. An organizing tool you can employ is sharing the value of Member Benefits.
Leaders focused on membership engagement are invited to join Member Benefits experts to develop blueprints to strengthen your local’s foundations and shore up your organizing activities.
You’ll be the designer and we’ll provide the tools to construct a plan tailored to your local.
We’ll share tips to help you:
- Design a plan to incorporate Member Benefits in your chapter’s organizing efforts
- Learn new ways to connect with your members
- Build member appreciation and loyalty
- Grow and retain your membership
- Improve your members’ financial well-being with tools to make saving for retirement easy
- Add the allure of unique Member Benefits into your stories about the value of membership
For questions about this fun-filled five-day journey, contact the CTA Member Benefits Department at MemberBenefits@cta.org or (650) 552-5200. For additional Leader MB Engagement Resources, visit: https://www.ctamemberbenefits.org/leader.
Member Benefits Summer Institute Award – Registration Qualification and Disclaimer
A limit of two awards will be provided per Chapter to CTA members. This Award is non-transferable and you MUST ATTEND each day of the Member Benefits Strand to receive this Award and to be reimbursed for your travel to/from UCLA. All Member Benefits Awards must be approved by your Chapter President, and you must have some type of leadership role in your Chapter to qualify for the Award, i.e. you have a role as one of the Executive Officers, Membership Chair, Site Rep., etc.
The Member Benefits Award provides:
- The conference registration fee (this includes housing based on double occupancy with two conference participants per room at the UCLA campus and UCLA provided meals).
- Reimbursement for transportation costs (not to exceed $500). This is based on the most economical coach round-trip airfare purchased at least twenty-one (21) days in advance, or mileage reimbursed at the rate of 65.5 cents per mile, not to exceed the cost of the most economical coach roundtrip airfare based on 21-day advance purchase. If your transportation costs exceed $500 for either economy roundtrip airfare or roundtrip mileage to/from UCLA, you will not be reimbursed for the difference (even if you should register less than 21 days prior to the conference). All other costs (including meals off grounds or outside of provided UCLA meals, entertainment, gas, parking, taxi/shuttle service, etc.) are the responsibility of the individual and non-reimbursable. You will be required to complete an expense form with itemized receipts to be reimbursed.
Disclaimer: Please note, if your Chapter President does not approve of you receiving the Member Benefits Award, and you still choose to attend the Member Benefits Strand at 2023 Summer Institute, you as the registered participant will be solely responsible for any and all costs, i.e. all registration fees, your travel costs, etc.