CTA Voluntary Group Life Insurance
CTA-endorsed Voluntary Life Insurance from The Standard
Life insurance is a key component of any comprehensive financial plan and can help protect your loved ones in the event of your passing. CTA partners with Standard Insurance Company to offer members quality Life insurance coverage at group rates that comes with additional features you can use now. Learn more by watching this short video.
CTA-endorsed Life Insurance Highlights
- Coverage options from $25,000 to $400,000¹
- Matching Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage (up to $200,000)
- Life Services Toolkit² - access to helpful online tools and resources that can help you create a will and put your finances in order. After a loss, beneficiaries have access to grief counseling, legal advice and helpful online resources.
- Travel Assistance³ - access to a comprehensive range of professional, 24-hour medical and travel emergency assistance services.
How to Apply
CTA members can apply any time with satisfactory proof of good health.
There are multiple ways to apply:
- Apply online (you must be logged in to your CTA Member Benefits account to access)
- Call The Standard at 800.522.0406, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Schedule a virtual appointment with a Benefits Consultant from The Standard
Special Enrollment Opportunities
You may be eligible to apply without answering health questions during these special enrollment opportunities:
- New Hire and District Transfer Enrollment
Members new to their district have 270 days from starting work to apply for CTA-endorsed Disability insurance and, effective July 1, 2022, up to $400,000 of CTA-endorsed Life insurance1 with no health questions asked. If you had coverage with The Standard at your prior district, you must reapply at the new school district as the coverage doesn’t automatically transfer to the new employer. Learn More
- Family Status Change Enrollment
Members can apply for CTA-endorsed Disability insurance and, effective July 1, 2022, up to $400,000 of CTA-endorsed Life insurance¹ coverage within 60 days following the date of a family status change event, such as birth/adoption, marriage/domestic partnership, divorce/dissolution, loss of spousal employment, or other qualifying event. Learn More
- Chapter Special Enrollment
A special enrollment opportunity for eligible members of a local CTA chapter to apply without answering health questions – only available every 2-3 years. Talk with your chapter leader about your next special enrollment opportunity.
1 Coverage reduces to 65% of the amount in force at age 70, 45% of the amount in force at age 75 and 30% of the amount in force at age 80. Offer not available to retirees.
2 Life Services Toolkit is provided through an arrangement with a service partner that is not affiliated with The Standard. This service is not an insurance product.
3 Travel Assistance is provided through an arrangement with a service provider that is not affiliated with The Standard. Travel Assistance is not insurance.
For costs and further details of this offer and coverage, including exclusions, benefit waiting periods, any reductions or limitations and the terms under which the policies may be continued in force, please contact Standard Insurance Company at 800.522.0406.