CTA Classroom Setup Grant
Benefit Provided by The CTA Economic Benefits Trust (EBT)
Summary of Benefits
August 17, 2023
CTA Classroom Setup Grant is a special program for brand new educators to provide financial assistance towards the purchase of materials, resources, supplies, tools, and other educational instruments used by the educator to create and promote a positive learning environment in a classroom(s)/designated learning space(s). The program is effective for Employment Start Date starting June 1, 2023.
Grant Details and Qualifications
Who is eligible?
There are three eligibility requirements:
- You must be a brand new Active Full-Time CTA Member in good standing who is a TK-14 classroom educator, including but not limited to virtual educators, special education educators, speech pathologists, physical education, etc.
- You must have joined CTA for the first time as a California educator within 12 months from your Employment Start Date.
- You must submit an application within 12 months from your Employment Start Date on or after June 1, 2023.
Who is not eligible?
- Education Support Professionals (ESPs), such as but not limited to office workers, bus drivers, food service workers, security personnel, custodians, and maintenance staff.
- Part-time educators.
- Educators who previously worked in education in the State of California (prior to June 1, 2023, including temporary assignments or any other paid positions).
- Educators who were previously CTA members (excludes prior ESP and Student CTA membership)
What is the amount of the grant?
- The grant amount is $300. The amount is not to exceed total actual cost or expenses incurred.
What is the grant for?
- This program provides a one-time grant to reimburse or to be solely used to assist new educators in purchasing materials, supplies, tools, and other educational instruments used by the educator to create and promote a positive learning environment in a classroom(s) or designated learning space(s) for their students.
- The CTA Classroom Setup Grant payment is secondary and intended for expenses not compensated by existing classroom budget or funds through the district or other entities. A grant is available on a one-time need basis.
What is the filing deadline?
- The filing deadline is 12 months from the Employment Start Date on or after June 1, 2023.
- The CTA Classroom Setup Grant is a limited grant program, that may sunset once the allotted funds are utilized.
What if I provide inaccurate information on my application?
- If the information you provide on the application or in response to the eligibility questions is inaccurate, your application may be denied and you may be required to repay the grant, if already issued.
Do I need to be a CTA member to qualify for the grant?
- Yes, applicant must be a new and current CTA member.
Anything else I need to know?
- By accepting, you attest to adhering to the outlined grant details.
The program will be first effective for an Employment Start Date of June 1, 2023, or after.
CTA Classroom Setup Grant application can be found at www.CTAMemberBenefits.org/classroom. If you have any questions, contact CTA Member Benefits Department at (650) 552-5200.