Continuing your membership by joining CTA/NEA-Retired gives uninterrupted access to a multitude of economic benefits: Credit Union membership, liability insurance when substituting, maintenance of existing life insurance through The Standard, vision/dental/hearing aid discounts, and MUCH, MUCH MORE.
Vision Discount Program for NEA/CTA Retired Members
The VSP Access Plan Discount Program is available to NEA/CTA-Retired members. NEA/CTA-Retired membership identification number must be provided. This valuable program is free for eligible retired members and is provided by the CTA Economic Benefits Trust.
CTA Voluntary Group Life Insurance Plan
You can continue to protect your loved ones by maintaining into your retirement a portion of the CTA-endorsed Life Insurance you currently carry as an active employee. This is a limited-time opportunity available only within 120 days of your retirement date.
If spouse, domestic partner and/or dependent coverage was included in your active coverage before retirement, you may continue this coverage for an additional premium. The coverage amount is based on the coverage amount under which your spouse, domestic partner and/or dependent was insured at time of your retirement.
You are eligible to continue a portion of your current coverage if you meet all of the following requirements:
- You are a CTA-NEA retired lifetime member.
- At the time of retirement, you are insured under the CTA Group Life Insurance policy underwritten by Standard Insurance Company.
- You are eligible for monthly benefits under CalSTRS or CalPERS and you authorize premium deductions through those benefits.
- You apply for coverage within 120 days of your retirement date.
For information on any exclusions, limitations or reductions, click below:
NEA Guaranteed Issue Life Insurance Plan
You have guaranteed acceptance as a member age 45 and older.
If you were to pass away, your family members could be responsible for significant expenses including funeral costs, plus unexpected medical and legal bills.
Help protect them from this financial hardship by activating your NEA® Guaranteed Issue Life Insurance benefit, which offers you:
- 100% GUARANTEED acceptance
- Low member-only rates for you and your spouse
- Income tax-free benefit for your loved ones
- Coverage without medical exams or health questions
- Fast, easy activation
- A money-back guarantee
NEA Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance Plan
With AD&D coverage, whether you’re home or away, you know that you and your loved ones are covered in case of an accident. AD&D coverage may be appropriate for members of all ages.
- Optional coverage for family members
- Economical rates, starting at $19 per year
- Guaranteed acceptance—no medical exams
- Up to $130,000 in coverage at home or away
- Up to $520,000 for any covered accident on a plane, train, ship or other public conveyance
- Each year, for the first 5 years of a member’s coverage, the benefit payable for covered accidents while on a public conveyance, will increase $10,000
Auto and Home Insurance for CTA-Retired Members
You've dedicated your career to helping others, now it's time to enjoy yourself. At California Casualty we provide auto and home insurance to retired education professionals.
Take advantage of benefits like:
- 12-Month Rate Lock
- Free ID Theft Resolution
- Pet Injury Protection
- $423** Average Annual Savings
Disaster Relief Fund
CTA Disaster Relief Fund is a separate, special fund endowed to provide financial assistance to CTA members who have experienced significant losses due to natural or other disasters in California.
NEA Retiree Health Program
Get help paying for costs not covered by Medicare—plus discounts on dental, vision care and more.
- Lower Group Rates. Rates, on average, are lower than the nation’s most popular Medicare Supplement Program.
- Freedom of Choice. The Plan is not an HMO. Choose your own doctors and hospitals.
- Easy Eligibility. You cannot be turned down for health reasons. No physical exam is ever required.
- Dependability. United American Insurance Company underwrites this program providing quality insurance since 1947.
NEA CarePlus Hospital Insurance Plan
Get help paying for some of the costs associated with a hospital stay and recovery time that your health insurance may not cover.
- Receive cash benefits for a hospital and/or skilled nursing facility stay and home recovery for a covered injury or illness.
- During and after a hospital stay, you can receive payments regardless of any medical insurance you already have.
- Acceptance is guaranteed for both you and your spouse or domestic partner over age 65 (subject to preexisting conditions limitations).
- You won’t lose coverage due to age or health.