Summary of Benefits
CTA Disaster Relief Fund
Summary of Benefits
The CTA Disaster Relief Fund exists to provide financial assistance to CTA members who have experienced significant losses as a result of natural or other disasters in the state of California.
To better serve CTA’s members, The Disaster Relief Fund now provides five different benefits. These different benefits are summarized below. Please refer to the instruction pages for each for eligibility, qualification criteria and verification requirements.
1) Standard Grant: CTA members may receive up to $1,500 for significant economic hardship related to damage to their primary residence, displacement or disruption in required utilities.
2) Catastrophic Damage Grant: Recipients of the Standard Grant may be eligible for up to another $1,500 if damages exceed $50,000
3) Temporary Displacement Grant: A grant of up to $500 may be available for members who are displaced from their primary residence as a result of a disaster, but do not meet the requirements for a Standard Grant.
4) Short Term Displacement Grant*: A grant up to $1,000 may be available for members who are displaced (under mandatory evacuation) from their primary residence as the result of a disaster, but do not meet the requirements for a Standard Grant. Members eligible for the Short Term Displacement Grant will not receive both the Temporary Displacement Grant and Short Term Displacement Grant.
5) School Site Grant: Members may receive up to $500 for damage to their classroom or school site.
CTA Disaster Relief Fund Grant application can be found at CTAMemberBenefits.org/drf. If you have any questions, contact CTA Member Benefits Department at (650) 552-5200.
Note: The filing deadline is 12 months from the date of the incident. Must be a CTA member during the incident and current CTA member to qualify. Disaster Relief Fund payments are intended for expenses not compensated for by insurance or otherwise.
*For date of loss effective November 18, 2021 and beyond.